Wow, these 6 years sure have gone by fast! This last year has been full of big changes and new adventures... Scott finished his MBA, we bought a house, had a baby, and I quit my job. Life has gotten busier. We are starting to adjust to having a new baby and the joy and craziness that brings. I am learning how much longer it takes to leave the house. I am starting to get used to toting around a million pound car seat/ baby bag/ pump bag wherever I go. The best part is seeing Scott as a dad. Eliza and I are both very lucky to have him. He works extremely hard and never complains. Dinners take longer to make due to feedings or the baby needing to be held. He is an awesome help around the house, assisting with dinner, learning new skills around the house, and rocking his sweet little friend to sleep so I can get some extra rest. Our life has become the best kind of busy.
The traditional theme for a 6 year anniversary is SUGAR. Who doesn't love sugar. We spent our anniversary night dining at Tsunami since I hadn't had sushi in 11 months. Our cute baby was very kind and slept quietly through dinner. We came back to our house and watched chocolate while sipping hot chocolate through Tim Tams. We usually don't do gifts because our anniversary is in December, but with the theme I couldn't help signing us up for a French Pastries Cooking Class at Sur La Table.
chocolate glazed eclair with vanilla cream filling
Profiteroles
Palmiers (my favorite)

Chocolate Napoleans with Port-braised pears
I obviously gave a gift in my favor and was very pleased Scott had a great time. He was the only boy. Before the chef would make an announcement he would say "ladies and Scott". And not surprisingly, I loved loved the class. It was officially our first time away from the baby with just the two of us. The cooking classes our completely hands on and the cleaning up of any kind is left to the assistants. The best kind of cooking. I felt like the recipes and ingredients were simple enough to replicate. You just need plenty of butter. We left on a comatose sugar high. We were excited to get back and see this cute thing.
1 comment:
Happy anniversary! I'm so glad that you guys had fun and how cool that you signed up for a cooking class! I love it!!
Post a Comment