Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Making me happy


Summer vacation is coming soon... Beginning June 3rd... 21 days left of school and counting!

I just booked this fabulous looking getaway for the middle of July, which also happens to be my 1st cruise !!! I'm looking forward to basking in the Caribbean sun and having a little adventure with my husband. Scott has completed his first two semesters of his MBA and begins summer semester next week. He gets a well deserved and needed break during the whole month of July and part of August. We thought we'd live it up while its still just the two of us and celebrate Scott's first year of graduate school completed! Left on the checklist: fall semester, 10 day international internship, and final spring semester. He is set to graduate May, 2011! Best day ever!


I was called to be the Young Women's President in our ward the beginning of April. This was our 1st activity making headbands. Thanks for the help Mindy!

I have been enjoying one of these delicious drinks almost every day. Don't be deceived by the color, they really are tasty. The nutritional information and recipe is here.


Scott and I have spent the last six Tuesday evenings eating at Mikados indulging in sushi rolls and edamame. Monday and Tuesday nights are happy hour all evening long with a special half price menu- It is hard to resist!

Cotton Blossom
A cute new boutique just opened up on Murray Holladay Road. The girls in my family love it! Who wouldn't? Scott always laughs how I stare at the store window every time we drive by.

I took someone I adore shopping at Cotton Blossom and later got generously surprised with dress in pink. She has sworn me to secrecy, so thank you! I feel like a princess in it!

My sister has this dress and my mom has the sweater

Another sister has this dress

The newest member of the Cowley family, our darling niece Fiona. We loved meeting Fiona and spending time with her mamma Rei before they had to fly back to Atlanta. Our sister-in-law Ruthann recently announced she is pregnant so we'll have another Cowley baby arriving this fall.

Jenna's little baby Pearl is beautiful. Pictures don't do her justice.

Brynn's baby shower! Lindie carried on the "friends quilt" tradition that Brynn began by having each of us submit a square of fabric and look how darling it turned out. I have so many friends having babies right now. It's so fun! At the party they disclosed the good, the bad, and the ugly of being a new mom. I was peeing my pants!

5 comments:

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

I am the YW President too!!!!! Crazy, we are so young! We will have to compare notes and activities sometime!!! Good luck!

HappyHodges said...

Honestly I simply ADORE you! So excited for you to enjoy a getaway with your hubby and honestly a tiny bit of jealous he he! You are the perfect Lady for the Job in YW and thank you for the sweet shout out! Lets get together soon... I think I am planning a Luau get together for everyone in my head!

Brynn and Jared said...

Wow Cass! YW Pres!? Impressive :) That cruise sounds like SOOOOOO much fun! We'll have to work on that base tan before you leave ;) Loved the update! Thanks lady!
ps -- Hilary left on that same cruise today, you'll have to get all the do's and don'ts from her when she gets home!

E said...

I love the friends quilt idea...and all the talk of babies. Wish I had been there for the funny talk :)

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

cass, way to go on the huge post! first of all, congrats on YM pres. i had no idea! So jealous about your cruise. wish we could join you guys!! we're happy for Scott and you, for completing his first year! one more to go! We'll have to go to the cotton blossom after I have the baby together!