-I gave my mom a hug good bye and said "thanks for teaching music mom"
Student: The music teachers your mom!!! I had no idea teachers had moms? Don't worry, I'll keep this a secret!
-Student leaves feeling special, like he knows a secret none of the other students know! Ha ha! Part of what makes this so funny is the fact that i look like I'm 12, but because i'm a teacher my students think i'm older than their parents and know EVERYTHING. Yes!
2. setting: first thing in the morning
-a female student returns from the bathroom with big eyes and exclaims in a frantic voice "There are boys in the girls bathroom!"
Me: thinking the janitor may be changing the paper towels ask, "Are they big boys or little boys?"
student: eyes get a little wider her face resembling a deer in the headlights (often a characteristic associated with autism)
Me: take me to the bathroom and tell me what you mean
-We get to the bathroom and she points to the stall with the toilet seat up, which made her assume a boy had used the girls bathroom, although she had never in fact seen boys in the bathroom. Little did she know when the janitors clean the bathrooms they put the toilet seat up as a signal they've been cleaned.
3. Another characteristic of autism is being very thin mostly because their medication tends to act as an appetite suppressant and i'm sure their never ending supply of energy and jitters doesn't hurt with the calorie burning.
-that same female student came to school with her pants on backwards- with back pockets in the front. it took me a minute to figure out how she did this because the average person puts their pants on and then zips them up so its pretty tough to get your pants on backwards. I figured out since she is so stinkin skinny she puts her pants on with them zipped up already! Wow- what would that be like? When I told her about her pants being on backwards she said, "I thought something felt funny"
Everyday is hilarious with these literal friends of mine!
5 comments:
Hi Cassidy. It's Ann Steadman. Just wanted to comment so you knew our blog! I loved reading your teaching moments!
You are so cute Cass! I know you are the best teacher, I'm sure they love you :)
Cassidy you are such a doll! and these moments brightened my day and reminded me of my teaching days at Pingree, Little Nuts brighten my world!
I love hearing funny stories like these! I'm sure your kids LOVE you!
Cass, these are priceless moments! You are such a cute teacher! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment