Our family vacations to Newport Beach has become one of my favorite traditions. It always seems to fall the 2nd week of August, which is a big birthday week in my family. It's also right before school starts so I'm always super stressed about getting my classroom all set up for the new school year. It was exactly what I needed to calm down and relax before another school year starts up. My dad rented an awesome beach house right on the boardwalk with plenty of bedrooms to fit the entire family. We especially love seeing Nick and Tiff and their boys since they live in California and we only get to see them a couple times a year. As you can see from the picture below we had an awesome view of the ocean. We enjoyed eating and chatting on our 2nd floor balcony and doing a little people watching. Everyday at 12:00 we'd walk down the street to get fresh donuts hot out of the oven. We even went to get donuts at 6:00 a.m. our last day before leaving for the airport. Scott and I had fun riding our beach cruisers down the boardwalk and deciding whether we thought the beach house was fancy or not fancy. We mostly had fun taking full advantage of the beach playing smash ball, finding mini sand crabs after the tide went in, playing string golf, boogy boarding, digging lots of holes, flying kites, and soaking up the rays all week with the family. Until next summer!
My 26th birthday triffle
We saw some small boys digging holes so we thought we'd give it a try... turns out Ben and Scott are great diggers- our hole dominated!
So fun...we dug another hole on our last day
Kates and Ben got engaged!!! They're getting married December 28th!
All of the couples took turns making dinner a night. Scott made his famous carne asada tacos with chips and guacamole.
We celebrated Thomas and James's 5th birthday with a Toy Story theme.
LOVE Disneyland Churros
2 comments:
Cass you look amazing! So fun!
um..ok, can I come with your family for the Newport 2011 trip? Seriously!! How fun! That house looks amazing and so does the beach! I'm so jealous of it all! Cass- Happy VERY-late Birthday!!! I'm such a bad friend!!! I'm so sorry, I hope you had a fabulous day! Lets go to dinner one of these nights when our husbands are at class.
Also, Scotty-I want you to make us your mexican dinner, looks delicious!
And, congrats to your sister!!! They are a darling couple and i love her gray shirt, or is it a dress? Cant tell!!
Post a Comment