Sunday, August 29, 2010

5 years ago I said yes!

Scott popped the question on August 27th, 2005. Scott had casually asked me to go hiking while we were watching a Skyline vs. Olympus game (back when Skyline always won). Before we left to go up Millcreek canyon we headed downtown to drop something off to his brother Matt's house and since we were down town Scott thought we should stop by our ring store to check how much longer until the ring would be ready. The man very convincingly told us it would be another two weeks. While we were headed back towards the canyon Scott got a text (I later I found out it was from my sisters saying they needed a few more minutes getting everything ready) and decided we needed to go fill up water bottles. When we FINALLY got up the canyon we headed towards the same hike we had taken on our last date before Scott left on his mission. We came to these tiki torches and I still wasn't 100% sure he was going to propose because "the ring wasn't ready", but when I got to the romantic table setting with my favorite cafe rio meal I spotted my ring!!! One of the best days of my life! And I've been glad I said "yes" ever since!



Life is pretty great being married to Scott!!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

so cute!! xoxo

erin and shaun said...

So glad you did say yes!!!

kachers said...

oh i love it! what a cute little setting :> thinking of you Cass!

HappyHodges said...

So cute! And if it wasnt that you said yes you might never have been my neighbor and become such a great friend! Love you both!

Kelsey said...

Cass! I loved reading this and seeing the pix. So cute. Way to go Scotty :)

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

So cute! I didn't know details to that story. Very smart Scott, taking cass to ring store. Like that! Anyway it's been way to long. Let's get together

Lauren and Eric said...

I cannot believe you guys have been married for 5 years! That is so awesome! Some of my favorite high school memories were hanging out with you guys, and here you are years later so happy! Hope to see you soon!