Friday, February 11, 2011

Kids Say The Darndest Things...

The other day during our reading rotation my aide told me the funniest story. I was peeing my pants! The small group was doing a word sort. The word was GIRL and my aide decided to use it in a sentence.

Teacher "I'm a girl, not a boy"

Student R chimed in "I'm a boy, not a girl"

Student B in his loud voice "I'm a FLAMER!!!"

I couldn't decide if this kiddo was smarter than I give him credit for, understanding the meaning and using it in the correct context. I asked him the next day about FLAMER and to his credit, he told me it's his nickname... Flame, like he can run fast.


My favorite Valentines' card from student B. He wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. This was him in 1st grade (he's now a big 4th grader).

4 comments:

Jodi said...

love it. i get a pretty good laugh every day too, working at a junior high.

Kelsey said...

classic. That card is so, so sweet!

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

oh man, that is too funny! I bet you have so many funny stories to tell from your kids!

HappyHodges said...

Oh man I Love it! it was moments like this that made it all worth it! XOXOX