Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jammin' in Jamaica

Jamaica, what can we say other than it reminded us a lot of 'Cool Runnings'. The stereotypes proved to be true, we don't think we've ever heard more Bob Marley music, learned more about the Rastafarian lifestyle, or heard the word 'Mon' more in our entire life. Our resort had an awesome water park with a lazy river and two big water slides, perfect for racing down. We have had major pina colada withdrawals since we've been home. At night we enjoyed five course meals at the different restaurants (you'll have to ask Shaun about the food) We went to Dunn's River Falls. It was amazing! If you’re ever in Jamaica you have to go there! It was by far the most beautiful waterfall we have ever seen. You start down on the beach in the crystal clear water and begin hiking straight up the falls. You are immediately immersed in a thick tropical jungle, which the falls flows through. It was a bit crowded, but that didn't take away from our enjoyment. The next day we went horseback riding. We rode through a very poverty stricken part of the island and then we rode onto the beach and into the ocean. I don't mind horses and typically love riding them, but when we hit the ocean the horses started making the most terrifying noise I have ever heard and they began pooping in the water so not only do you have to worry about the horse bucking you into the water and killing you, you have to look out for the bombs they left in the water.  We loved the nightly entertainment where different bands played Bob Marley tunes a hundred different ways. We had a fantastic time and would recommend Jamaica to anyone.

Sailing at Hotel
Dinner
Cass and I at Sunset
Riding horses in the ocean

Cool Runnings
Rastafarian Scott
Snorkeling at Hotel
Horseback riding on Beach




Dunns River Falls

Check out the Hottie in the Euro Suit

4 comments:

Channa said...

What a fun trip - waterfalls, riding horses, beautiful ocean! You guys look great!

Nicole M said...

WOW, looks like you guys had a great time!! I don't know how we missed that horseback riding through the ocean adventure. I would have LOVED to do that! Wasn't Dunn's waterfall just amazing? It should be a world wonder. Anyway, great pics. Glad you're back safe :)

Danny and Becky DuPaix said...

that looks like so much fun! Great post! We're excited that you guys are back! It was lonely.... we need to do dinner at tsunami, we're both craving it!

kachers said...

Looks like paradise! How FUN!
So I ate some paine and rama today for lunch - but not in Romania! Ryan has an internship in Slovenia for this fall semester and I thought of you and the girls when I bought 'Rama' from the market. haha!!