The morning we left with our family flag.
We chose the name Jones and our motto was "Try Keeping up with the Jones'". That morning at 7:15 a.m. we put an offer on a house. Our realtors were both dressed in their PJ's and Scott and I were in our trek clothes.
Scott and I were a Ma and Pa on trek the beginning of June. I was very proud of myself for going 17 weeks pregnant. It was a lot of work preparing for trek... weekly Sunday trek planning meetings began in March, our stake decided to have the "families" meet ahead of time to build a relationship. We met twice to figure out our family name and take pictures and another time to make the flag and distribute their buckets with the padded cushion we had made. Our kids were awesome! It was really refreshing working with such impressive kids. They all came from great families. One of the girls was in 9th grade and had already finished her YW medallion and was working on her honor bee.
The 1st day we hiked 4-5 miles. We always got in faster than they had planned. The best part about trek was having our food catered. Beef stew and biscuits had never tasted so good. The dance got canceled because of the rain. I got freezing cold that night and made our family devotional short so I could climb in my sleeping bag. The worst part about being pregnant is having to use the bathroom multiple times during the night. We found out the next day it was 28 degrees that night. Brrr!
The 2nd day was the toughest day pulling up large rocks to going through rivers. That night we had a testimony meeting, which was the highlight of trek for us. Hearing that the kids gained a stronger testimony and were able to relate their trek experience to their own trek in life made going all worth it.
The 3rd day was the women's pull and a 4 mile trek back to the buses. Our family lead the way back to the buses. We were so happy to see them.
This hill turned into a 1 mile pull increasing by 1200 ft in elevation up massive rocks. Our kids were rock stars. It got so intense Scott and I had to help pull.
Right after we finished pulling up the rocky hill
Women's pull. The stake YW's president took my place and wouldn't let me pull. I love her face in this picture.
Hooray! We made it back to the buses. We were also excited our cart made it back 1st, especially since our flag motto was "Try keeping up with the Jones'".
2 comments:
you've been busy! Good for you for going on trek, pregnant! I'm glad you didn't do too much. way to go
Cass, you are amazing!
Post a Comment